Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Shadows

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow."

-Helen Keller
Thoughts:
When I look at this question, I ask myself a simple question. Are shadows so bad? Yes, why? No, why? I will tell you why no to me. When you look deep into the darkness what do you see? What makes you think they are hallucinations? What if you cannot handle the truth so the truth blocked out the real things in the world? On the other hand, maybe I am wrong. Maybe the light is helping you with the wrongdoings trying to get close. However, I do not feel like I am. I feel like deep inside the only thing you are doing by looking at the light is burning your eyes. You need to see the shadows. The shadows are the things that spill the truth to you. Whether or not it is the truth that you want to hear or see, it will always be there. You cannot get rid of it. You will have to look at it. Because let us face facts you will have to look away from the light sometime. The sad truth is there are people who would rather burn their eyes then look away and face what is so simple in front of them. Hey! I might even be one of those people. 

1 comment:

  1. i really enjoy quote at the beginning, How she could say something so inspirational even though she has seen or heard of neither. How you go into depth on the matter of the shadow its self and what not, I didn't think of it that way till i read your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Dance

“The way I dance is by writing.”  ―  Anne Lamott,  Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life