Sunday, September 9, 2018

Dreams



"Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear."


— George Addair

Thoughts: 
Fear is like a jungle. Imagine a giant forest with a bunch of branches. The branches lean forward and block the entire path. That is definitely fear. It is like a stepping stone that tells you everything bad with your life, with yourself. It's like the ocean of bad waves that never let you have a good swim. And that is why I choose this quote. It is true. A dream no longer becomes a dream when you can face any obstacles. When your mind is put to the test and the jungle is no longer in front of you. Then it becomes more than a dream. It becomes an achievement. The jungle is the last thing and when you turn around and look at the branches still telling you that you can’t do it then you will just smile and walk away. That is me. I wish to know the thought that I overcame my fear to live my dream. I want to know that I can go anywhere and still be happy. That my fears are just an obstacle and not something that makes me. 


2 comments:

  1. I agree TT! This is exactly what people need to realize. The only thing that is stopping someone from doing what they want is actually themselves because they are too scared to go and do what they truly want because they fear the results. You should push through that fear and see where it takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear is such an obstacle in life. I agree that once you let fear go you will be able to experience things beyond what you originally thought you could. I've experienced this with singing many times. Sometimes I'm too afraid to try a song because I think it will sound bad and I ultimately don't challenge myself. It's something I need to work on and I think if we all got rid of that fear we would all be able to achieve anything.

    ReplyDelete

Dance

“The way I dance is by writing.”  ―  Anne Lamott,  Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life