Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Dance

“The way I dance is by writing.” 


― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
Thoughts: 
This quote was funny to me because I dance like I write indeed. I write all over the place and do not think about anything. Therefore, I assume you can visual what my dancing is like. However, to me that makes great writing. Like Anne said. You cannot write if you think. How can you think if there is no space and is all cluttered with other things? How can you be productive if you are worried about something that will happen in the future? You have not even finish the present. Dancing is like that. You need to be completely focused and thinking about your movements without killing someone. You could fall over and knock someone down if you are not in the right mindset. Moreover, writing is the same way. You could completely flop a book and ruining something that would have been great, had you just cleared your head and thought about it. Writing takes time and effort. Not just good grammar and some pretty sentences, and dancing takes practice and skill not just a great partner and some wonderful music. I think they could play hand and hand. Because both take the universe and some patience with yourself before you can master either. Before you can express your words in a way to touch someone’s heart.

1 comment:

  1. this is so true. getting hung up on future possibilities clouds the present. living in the now is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Dance

“The way I dance is by writing.”  ―  Anne Lamott,  Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life